How to Donate
Checks payable to BARK may be mailed to the address on the bottom of this page.
Checks payable to BARK and cash donations are accepted at any of our weekend outings. See our home page for details on where and when we will be in your community.
Secure online donations: Use the form below to make a secure donation through Paypal.
Why Donate to BARK?
Donations are essential for BARK to provide the necessary care for all of our dogs.
- BARK is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
- BARK is 100% volunteer-operated; 100% of your donation goes to the dogs!
- Help us to fund surgeries, emergency services, and on-going care for puppies and adult dogs in need.
- Even the smallest amount or item makes a BIG difference!
Wish List Items
Gift Certificates to:
- Pet stores in or around Richmond
- Brook Run Animal Clinic (804) 262-8621
Pet Care Items:
- Medium and large sized dog treats (Milkbones), raw hides, Nylabone chew toys, KONGs, squeaky toys - Please no stuffed toys or toys that can be pulled apart as the dogs can swallow them
- Kuranda beds — go to kuranda.com, click on “Donate a Bed” and select us from the list, or call Kuranda at 1(800)494-7122
- Stainless Steel Water Buckets (8-9 quart size)
- Canned & Dry Dog Food
- American single wrapped cheese slices
- Medium and large crates (metal collapsible)
- Trash bags (only heavy duty 50 gallon industrial size, usually available at Costco/Sam's Club)
- Tri-fold paper towels (for a wall dispenser)
- Shovels (Ridge Aluminum Scoop - available at Home Depot; not snow or garden)
- Large, heavy duty 20 gallon plastic bins that lock tightly (Brute Rubbermaid style)
- Small bottled waters
- Air horns
- Standard band aids
- Neosporin or other antibiotic ointment
- Bug spray for dogs and people
- Postage stamps
- 20# copy paper
- Business cards Avery #8371
- Mailing labels Avery #8162
- #10 security envelopes
- Small pads of paper
Donations can be dropped off during any of our BARK Adoption Events listed at the bottom of our Home page, or drop-offs can be arranged via email or by calling (804)449-2275 (BARK), extension 4.
Current Fundraisers and Fundraising Options
Help the BARK Dogs Go Swimming!
We are excited to partner with Alpha Dog Club to allow some very lucky BARK dogs to enjoy a weekly 30-minute swim session in their indoor, heated, saline pool. This is a great opportunity for our dogs, especially those who could truly benefit from the therapeutic swim sessions. To learn more about the project or to donate towards a weekly swim $25 per dog/per week, visit our fundraising page here.
Walk for a Dog
We know most of you have at least one dog (or are in the market for a dog), and many of you walk your dog daily. Now, you can raise money for the BARK dogs simply by doing what you already do - walking your dog! Simply download the "Walk for a Dog" app (available for iPhone and Android), select Bandit's Adoption and Rescue of K-9s as your rescue, and start walking. You can learn more at www.wooftrax.com. It's good for you, your dog, and now BARK!
Did you know that if you order your pet medications through the link on the BARK website, BARK receives a portion of the proceeds? Visit our Resources page for details.
Suntrust SunPoints for CharitySM
With SunPoints for CharitySM, you can turn your everyday banking into everyday giving. Use your SunPoints to donate to recognized 501(c)(3) public charities in denominations of $25, $50, or $100. Or more! SunTrust will also add to your donation to help you make a difference.
More Ways to Help
BARK is an approved 501(c) 3 charitable organization. Donations are deductible for taxpayers who itemize other deductions such as mortgage interest or medical expenses. In addition to cash donations, here are some additional ways to contribute:
Charitable Securities Account
BARK’s Charitable Securities account with Wachovia Securities enables donors to transfer stocks, bonds and mutual shares directly to BARK without selling them first. The major benefit of this process is that it allows the donor to avoid paying a capital gains tax on the appreciated asset and also allows them to take a tax deduction of the full current market value of the security. This is a great way to help and save on taxes (which we all would like to do)!
Employee Giving Programs
Please check your company’s Charitable Contribution Program. If BARK is not on their non-profit list, ask them to add us! Here are just a few possibilities:
- Employee Volunteer Grants—Your employer may provide a monetary grant to your 501(c) 3 choice if they have a set amount of volunteer hours that you have provided to the non-profit group i.e.: 24 hours during a calendar year will allow a donation of $100.00 to your non-profit choice.
- Matching Gifts—Some corporations may match your 501(c) 3 contribution. There may be a minimum contribution i.e.: $25.00 deems a match, and a maximum that they will match to any one or more organization in a calendar year.
- In-Kind Contributions—Some corporations have programs where they donate furniture, computers, or groups or departments can hold a drive for specific needs of a non-profit organization. These items could be contributed to BARK based on our wish list below.
Shop for a Cause
BARK merchandise such as apparel for you and your pet, housewares, bumper stickers and many other goodies are now available online at cafepress.com. Check it out!